Welcome to Living-Free: Tips and Alerts,
I hope you enjoy this month’s issue where you’ll find:
- Alerts: Your Healthy Living Checklist!
- Tips: Take It Slow!
- Health Bonus: Deep Breathing and Affirmation!
”Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later.”
Living-Free Alert:: Your Healthy Living Checklist
A checklist offers a great way to help get things done. It helps keep you organized, motivated and on track.
If you’ve thinking about living a healthier lifestyle and not quite sure how to begin, here’s a simple checklist for you to follow that will lead you in the right direction.
- 1) Select healthier food options. A great tip is to only shop around the perimeter of your local grocery store. Here you will find fresh healthy items. The center isles are mostly filled with processed, packaged, prepared food filled with harmful additives, so try to stay away from these isles.
- 2) Stock your kitchen with healthy cooking staples. Get rid of any unhealthy kitchen staples and replace them with healthier versions. This way when you’re ready to make a meal you already have healthy food items on hand, so all you have to do is add some fresh ingredients and you have a great healthy meal. Here's some great ideas and recipes to help stock your kitchen with healthy cooking staples.
- 3) Select healthy drinks. Many drinks sold today are filled with many harmful additives, especially energy drinks, here's the first healthy energy drink. Healthier versions are herbal teas, flavoured coffees or make your own flavoured water or fresh juice. Get some great ideas on how to make your own tasty healthy drinks. Always sweeten drinks with stevia.
- 4) Do some exercise every day. Even if it’s for only 10 minutes, it will still be beneficial. If you think about the many hours you’re awake each day, 10-30 minutes doesn't seem like a lot of time to spend on something that is so important to your health. Be sure to select an activity you enjoy so you’re more likely to stick with it.
- 5) Use natural products to clean your house and your body. There are many products available on the market containing dangerous and harmful additives. These additives contribute to many sicknesses and diseases. Select vinegar, baking soda and salt to clean anything if your home and make your own homemade recipes for the body.
"If you can’t eat it, don’t put it on your body."
There you have it, five simple steps to get you off to a great healthy living start. Good Luck!
Living-Free Tip: Take It Slow!
Congratulations, you’ve made the decision to live a healthier lifestyle! The best tip I can give you is to “Take It Slow”. First instinct is to overhaul your entire life immediately, but this can be extremely overwhelming, so much so, that failure is almost inevitable.
So take it slow, select one change at a time, implement it and only once you have adjusted to the change, select another one and continue in this manner. Life will not be overwhelming and before you know it, you’ll be living a healthier lifestyle without any added stress.
Extra Health Bonus: Deep Breathing and Affirmation!
Deep breathing is great for your entire body especially when you first wake up. It provides an unbelievable amount of energy as your entire body fills with oxygen. It’s also a great time to decide what you’d like to accomplish for the day.
In fact, you can do this relaxation exercise anytime during the day, especially if you should encounter a stressful situation. It takes 5 minutes to do and is extremely effective.
Every morning when you wake, do 10 of the following deep breathing relaxation exercises. Here are the steps.
- 1) You may do these exercises lying down or seated in a comfortable chair, as long as you select a quiet place. Outdoors is also a great choice.
- 2) Close your eyes and place your hands on your stomach.
- 3) Inhale through your nose for a count of 5 and feel your stomach expand as it fills with air.
- 4) Exhale through your mouth for a count of 8 and feel your stomach contract as air leaves it.
- 5) During these 10 deep breathing exercises, decide what you plan to accomplish for that day. Making this promise first thing is a great way to keep you motivated and on track.
- 6) At the end of each day just before you fall asleep, reflect on your accomplishments from the day and give yourself the credit you deserve. Even if things didn’t go as well as you hoped, be proud that you tried and look forward to tomorrow.
If you have any comments about this newsletter, I would love to hear them. Simple click here.
Please share this newsletter with your friends and family.
For more information about healthy living, please visit my website: Simple Approach to Healthy Living
Enjoy life and Be Healthy!